The Society offers a conversation program to students in Years 11 and 12 to support classroom teachers in preparation for the VCE Italian Oral examination. Our teachers are experienced professionals who have been examiners of the VCE Italian written and oral examinations or who presently teach VCE Italian.
2022 Semester 2
ITALIAN CONVERSATION SUPPORT CLASSES 2022
SEMESTER TWO VIA ZOOM
Students, particularly in Years 11 & 12, are invited to participate in these weekly classes to improve their speaking skills and to prepare for the oral examination at the end of the school year.
The Dante Alighieri Society is offering this avenue of contact between students and tutors to support teachers, given their limited time with students during class hours.
Advantages for operating Zoom instructions successfully again this semester:
- Lessons are held in the students’ home environment;
- No travel time for students and no necessity to enter a host school;
- Each student receives 20-25mins conversation practice and/or interaction with their peers;
- Time and day can be negotiated between tutor and group or pairs;
- Immediate feedback from the tutor and advice for follow up classes;
- Maximum of 4 students within a group;
- Revision of grammar structures and extension of vocabulary to suit the topics;
- Preparation for the oral examination and focus on the detailed study
Tuition is given by experienced and practicing teachers who are familiar with the VCE Italian study design (Units 1&2 and 3&4). They are also experienced in the examination procedures.
The Society must have an enrolment of at least 8 students for classes to proceed.
Closing date for enrolments: Tuesday 12 July
Tuition days: Monday to Thursday 4.30pm-6pm and /or Saturday 9.30am-12pm (all times will be negotiated).
Semester TWO Classes begin Monday 18 July and run until 14 October
Total of 13 weeks and includes lessons during the 2 weeks of school holidays
Cost: $260.00 per student.
For enrolment form please email Mrs Mary Marcuccio (Conversation Classes Organiser): email@example.com.